Sunday, April 22, 2012

The UNIT!!!

Wow! This was a project that brought about many emotions and feelings (many possible due to my current state of being pregnant!)  It was one project that I knew was going to be a process, but fun.  I went from being excited to nervous, to overwhelmed, to accomplished all in the same day, each day I worked on the unit!

Our unit was titled: Monumental Road Trip.  It was a thematic unit designed for 6th graders that focuses on several monuments across America.  From budgeting to pod-casting, we covered a variety of skills and standards in this unit.

My group was very well organized and a pleasure to work with.  I know they will all make wonderful teachers and am excited to see them in action someday!  The only bad part is not being able to actually teach this unit and see it all come together!

Here are the links to my wonderful group member's blogs.  Each one of them contributed a unique and useful skill set and their ideas are phenomenal!
http://misskwilliamsblog.blogspot.com/
http://block2socialstudiesblog.blogspot.com/
http://miss-greene.blogspot.com/
http://mrmaxwellsblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment